1. Promptly notify your automobile insurance company
2. Have all sources of insurance benefits professionally evaluated -- automobile policies; group, government, or private health care plans; HMO coverage; Medicare; workers compensation; etc. (you may receive stacked payments and multiple recoveries for medical expenses.)
3. Take photographs of the damage to your vehicle and of your injuries -- cuts, bruises, black and blue marks, swelling, etc.
4. Seek medical treatment for injuries and keep copies of all the bills.
5. Prepare a list of witnesses and draw a diagram of the accident.
6. Keep a daily diary of problems you are experiencing -- pain, headaches, walking, etc. -- and of medications you are taking.
7. Do not discuss the circumstances surrounding the accident with any insurance company until you have talked with a lawyer who accepts personal injury cases.
Please feel free to contact our firm, to discuss any other matters that may be puzzling you.
The Law Firm of Lawrence & Smith
3900 University Drive, Suite 320
Fairfax City, VA. 22030